We’re thrilled to announce an exciting new development here at Outdoor Solutions: our new mobile showroom!
We built a showroom in a trailer that will allow us to bring new deck and home remodel ideas right to your door. From materials for your new deck to options for your next remodel or addition, you’ll have the chance to look at and handle products in your own home to determine what will work best for your project.
Read on to learn more about our new mobile showroom, as well as a few tips for choosing the right materials, design, and color for your deck build.
Our Vision for Our Mobile Showroom
Our dream for this showroom is to give our clients the ability to see, touch, and feel the product options we offer for their home.
It can be hard to tell in a studio or office setting what might work with your home design, landscaping, neighboring homes, and so on. With our new mobile showroom, we make it easier to get your project planned and on our schedule.
We want to make the process of building a deck or completing a home remodel easier and more comfortable for you. None of our competitors offer this kind of service.
How To Find Out Where We’ll Be
We’re planning to bring the mobile showroom to our clients’ homes during their projects. While we’re there, we’ll let those in the neighborhood know where we are via social media alerts and neighborhood apps.
When you see the trailer, feel free to stop in and talk about your deck or remodeling project! We’ll be happy to discuss options that will suit the look, function, and budget you’re shooting for.
What Will Be in the Trailer?
Our mobile showroom will be filled with samples from all of our vendors to inspire you with ideas for your projects. You’ll be able to handle full-sized samples so you can get a better grasp on your options. You can compare all of the options and fully evaluate each element right in your home.
Seeing the different types of products and being able to compare colors and textures will save you time and give you confidence in your product choices.
Some of the brands you can expect to see in our mobile showroom trailer are:
- Trex composite decking offers deep wood-grain pattern and luxury colors for a premium, ageless look. No sanding, staining, or painting needed, and it’s fade, stain, scratch, and mold resistant.
- Azek capped polymer decking is built to last and artfully engineered to look like real wood. Wide selection of colors and textures to choose from.
- TimberTech capped composite decking is made in the USA, is fade and stain resistant, and never needs to be sanded or stained. Extremely durable with the look and feel of real wood.
- Sundance Louvered Roofs have the strongest louvers on the market, and are made and powder coated in the USA. When closed, they have a flat tongue-and-groove ceiling look.
Check out these products and many more when you visit our mobile showroom!
Choosing the Right Materials, Color, and Design for Your Deck
Building a new deck is an exciting prospect. But when you get down to the nitty gritty details, there are a lot of decisions to make, and it can feel overwhelming. Here are a few quick tips for choosing the right materials, color, and design for your new deck.
Choosing Decking Materials
While wood has historically been the most popular choice for a new deck build, it isn’t the only decking material available, and it may not be the best option for you.
Wood is certainly the most aesthetically-pleasing option, and is typically the least expensive as well. However, it requires much more maintenance than composite decking and doesn’t last as long.
Learn all about the available low-maintenance decking options and how to choose the best one for you in our recent blog!
Choosing Decking Colors
Both wood and composite decking can be stained or painted in a wide variety of colors (though wood offers the most color options). To choose the best color for your deck, consider the following:
- Match your home’s exterior.
- Make sure it flows with your indoor flooring color.
- Use the color wheel to choose a dominant, secondary, and accent color that complement each other.
- Keep your landscaping in mind. If your deck is surrounded mostly by foliage, you might choose a color that complements greenery (like reds or oranges). But if you have more colorful gardens, you might go for a more neutral palette (such as browns or grays).
Choosing a deck design
To choose the best design for your deck, you’ll need to take into account your yard’s landscaping, how you’ll use the deck, how much privacy you need, how much sun the area gets, and more.
- Decide how you’ll use your deck. For instance, are you planning to use it to entertain? If so, you may want to include built-in seating, stairs to the yard, and maybe even a bar. Will it be a base for a hot tub? Make sure it is reinforced properly.
- Pay attention to sun exposure. Does the area you’ll build your deck in get a lot of sun during the hot summer months? You may want to consider adding shade with a pergola or awning.
- Consider your privacy needs. Do you already have built-in privacy in your yard with a fence, trees, or other barrier? If not, you might consider adding privacy panels to your deck.
- Think about how a deck will fit with your landscaping. Consider positioning your deck for optimal views of your gardens or other natural beauty. And make sure the materials and colors you choose will complement the aesthetics of your yard.
- Decide on a height. Choose from low-to-the-ground platform decks, raised decks, or multi-level decks, depending on your needs and the space you have.
When you work with a deck contractor like Outdoor Solutions, we’ll walk you through these decisions and help you design a deck that suits your needs and budget.
Outdoor Solutions, Inc, has been family-owned and operated since we began our business 25 years ago. In addition to installing decks, porches, and hardscapes, we can also install new windows and doors, help you with a remodel, or work with home insurance claims. Our goal is to design and build an environment that enhances the use and enjoyment of your home.